Except a few poll predictions, everyone has written off Dr YS Rajasekhar Reddy coming back to power.
YSR took a great risk by campaigning alone on the plank of development and welfare to all and he even claimed that he will alone be responsible either for the win or defeat of Congress party in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
As the rummy playing card game players know he took the highest risk of an AC-DC game… and won. He got 155 seats in the AP Assembly and a phenomenal 33 Lok Sabha seats. A fabulous and incredible victory indeed!
Most political analysts feel that there are exactly 10 Reasons for YSR’s Second Season :
1. The 26 odd people friendly welfare schemes, in spite of lower level administrative apathy and inefficiency and corruption at certain places, have reached at least 80% of the population.
2. The blatant corruption charges made against YSR by the combined opposition political parties did not stick. Corruption is not at all an issue in India; particularly the state of Andhra Pradesh, where even to get a legitimate ration card or a liquor bottle, one has to pay extra…some thing like a tip…nothing more, nothing less.
3. The two new political parties in AP, viz, Lok Satta and Praja Rajyam have cut into the vote bank of TDP, TRS, CPI and CPM. PRP got a vote share of 16 point something and LSP got a few points more than the one point odd of Left parties.
4. Nara Chandrababu Naidu lost his credibility along with KCR of TRS with his volte face on the issue of separate Telangana.
5. Naidu by promising “everything free” appeared to be bent upun usurping power at any cost.
6. If TRS really wanted a separate Telangana, KCR would have contested all the 119 Assembly seats in Telangana alone on his party mandate. It was not to be. By joining Mahakootami (Grand Alliance) he has buried the issue of separate statehood to Telangana for ever. He has obviously lost credibility with even the hard core separatists.
7. So is the case of loss of credibility with TDP, CPi and CPM as they joined into the so-called 3rd Front.
8. Naidu further lost his image of being a 9-year efficient CM by crawling and kissing the feet of Nandamuri Balakrishna and even the fledgling Tollywood hero NTR Jr. Trying to join your former antagonists is a sure sign of weakness and drop in the self confidence level of a politician.
9. The 1 crore 47 lakh new voters registered in AP ( largely in the age group of 18 years to 25…urban & rural) seem to have more faith in Dr Manmohan Singh and Lok Satta + PRP than the free-wheeler-dealer otherwise known as Nara Chandrababu Naidu. YSR got the advantage by default because of the negative swing of the vote bank of the opposition parties.
10. Irrespective of caste, class, creed, urban or rural, gender, age or professional or unemployed, educated or otherwise, all those who went to the hustling to exercise their franchise wanted a United, Strong and Stable India.
The result of the greatest and largest democratic exercise is now right before the world for everyone to see and appreciate.
More Andhra Pradesh Elections Live News